Monday 19 October 2009

Father time has been busy!

I wonder daily what father time does to the clocks in our house, he seems to be pushing them on whenever I look! Autumn is now well and truly here and I have not even been able to write a single post until now. This time of year is always a busy one for me because it is Toby's birthday as well as all my nieces and nephews on my husbands side!
It is also a very busy time at Tree House Blue as we go on the search for great new products and excitedly open the parcels when they arrive. If you have not clicked on the "new in" icon recently, then you really should, there are some great new 'must' have gifts. We even featured in the Daily Telegraphs top ten oilcloths feature with our red floral oilcloth.
One of my reasons for not blogging might also be because I have been making some new products for the shop. The storage boxes I made with the oilcloth featured in the Telegraph, for the shop have been received well, the larger boxes I made for storing bathroom items such as toilet rolls etc., we discovered fit our welligogs beautifully and so save the shoe cupboard or car boot from becoming covered in mud!






I have also made some reversible fabric children's headbands which feature a school uniform gingham on one side and another more funky fabric on the other, thus it can be turned round the minute the girls come out of school but whilst at school they look incredibly smart.
It has been a bit of a 'make it' week or so because I also customised two organic cotton t shirts for my goddaughter to send to Australia, I usually send a gift from Tree House Blue but this year I had not been to the shop in time and so had to resort to a homemade item.

I did attempt one year to send The Princess and the Pea to her, I took ages painstakingly wrapping it so that it would not get damaged but then nearly fainted when I got to the post office and it would have cost almost as much to send it, as it was to buy it.
So now I am always very conscious of what I choose her. I think this Christmas it will be something from our soft fabric pretend play range, our vicar bought the tee pee and Indians one year to send to Canada for her grandson so I know these would be ideal to send.





My friend has a beautiful little girl called Freya whom my daughters adore and love to go round to bath her and give her, her bottle. Every time she comes to our house she loves to play with my maileg pixie so I have made a note to buy her one for her birthday next week.

This is even more poignant now because my own pixie who sits by my fireplace all year round very happily is also very well loved by our dog shadow, unfortunately too well loved!!

I will be on the lookout for a new one this year when they come in for Christmas!
Shadow arrived at our house last year for Toby's birthday and is now firmly part of the family he even featured on Toby's birthday cake. Unfortunately for some reason I did not take a photo of the cake that featured shadow, but I did take one of his other cake which depicted Toby's new hobby instead! He led a very persuasive argument for the reason why he needed two cakes for his birthday and being a glutton for punishment I crumbled when his bottom lip started to drop!!!
At Tree House Blue we love our pets almost as much as our children!, which is probably why we have a whole section dedicated to them. The woof lead holder is such a brilliant idea, in our house we would also need a neigh and a quack, though on second thoughts we don't actually take the ducks for a walk. Toby was over the moon when he came in with the most enormous egg we have ever seen produced by Poppy, I told him it must have been his birthday present and he was so pleased. I used it to make his other birthday cake( yes that would now be number 3) that he takes into school and it was double yolked as we suspected.
It is getting harder to find a time when it is light enough in the mornings to walk the dog, but I did take this photo the other day because the mist and the sunlight looked so magical. Winter is just round the corner and with it we have Halloween, bonfire night and of course Christmas to look forward to. This year I will be taking Tree House Blue to a new 3 day Christmas Fair at the mansion house(Trunkwell House) in our village, they are having an ice rink and funfair as well as lots of stalls, it will be over the Halloween weekend whilst the children are on half term, so that should be something to look forward to for everyone.
Susie also has other events planned so if you would like to see where we are, leading up to Christmas just send us a message via info@treehouseblue.co.uk and we can let you know what other events we will be attending.

No comments: